- April 27 2021
Keyword Research is the most critical part of content and SEO strategy. If you have selected the right set of keywords and executed it well. you will get optimum output from your SEO efforts. There are basically 9 types of keywords.
1. Short-tail keyword - Short-tail keywords - Like it,s name it,s self is enough to understand. Short-tail keywords are only one or two words. They do not have brief information about the topic they just suggest intent. short-tail keywords have a very broad reach because people come with different intents. Short tail keywords are very competitive keywords, short-tail keywords tend to have high search volume, high competition, and high cost-per-clicks, but low conversion rates.
2. Long-tail keyword - Long-tail keywords consist of more than 3 words or a complete phrase for example SpaceN workspaces coworking space provider. They are also usually much more specific than short-tail keywords and provide much more understanding. They have low search volume compared to a short-tail keyword But are cost-effective as compared to short-tail keywords.
Long-Tail keywords remain relevant because some things remain constant there may be slit change usage or demand but the core thing is to remain constant that is why they are also known as evergreen keywords. They remain relevant all the time. The search volume might fluctuate during the course of time but there won’t be any extreme changes in it. Long-Tail Keywords provide a substantial source of traffic even after two years. And if the content nurtured and updated periodically then their rankings are undisputable.
For example, Take the search term “running shoes” as a Longtail keyword example for that generic term may include:
best running shoes
running shoes for men
Best running shoes for women
Best running shoes for flat feet
Here green colors denoted keywords searches are in millions. Long-tail keywords always provide constant search traffic.
3. Short-term fresh keyword -When you think about fresh keywords, you need to think about something that has been hyped recently, or in simple words, viral things can help you bring more traffic but the short tactics are very useful. Short-term fresh keywords generally have a short span of life but have I growth potential at their peak.
An example of fresh keywords is Black Live Matters. (When I’m writing this post the incident is 8 Months old. This Keyword is a worldwide trending topic at that time due to a particular incident or event.
4. Product defining keyword
Product defining keywords are those keywords or phrases that define or explain customer intent more specifically. For example "Running shoe" is a short keyword this keyword shows only the intent of the customer, not defining the need. whereas the "Nike Air Max shoes" keyword shows the particular brand and type of shoe preference of customers. Product Defining keyword is the most essential part of the content strategy of the e-commerce industry sector. If you sell a product online then make sure that your keywords describe and define your product accurately without any confusion
5. Customer defined keyword
Product defining keywords are those that target your customer more specifically. if you know your prospective client then you can target them with various socio- geography parameters. Some products or services are genders, age, climate, and geography-specific. For example, women's leggings are pure woman-centric products, or another example Turkey Carpets are world-famous. If you use keywords related to this you will get a global Audience.
6. Geo-targeting keyword
Geo-targeting keywords are specific to a locality, city, state, or even country using a geo-targeting keyword. These keywords are very useful and important for local businesses. These keywords are the best source of acquiring new clients. The intent traffic coming from these keywords is very high.
For Example, if someone is looking for a coworking then the natural search pattern would be Coworking near me or more specifically defined by locality or city like Coworking in Delhi, Coworking in East, or Coworking in Mayur Vihar Phase 1.
7. Latent Semantic Indexing keywords
LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) Keywords are supplementary or substitute keywords that are closely related to your main keyword.
For Example, your main keyword is lemon, its LSI keywords could be lemon tea, organic lemon, lemon nutrition, etc To get an LSI keyword, you need to first decide on the main keyword. Latent semantic indexing keywords are useful in improving the topics by targeting all small keywords that are related directly or indirectly to the topic.
8. Intent targeting keywords
When a user performs a query, their intent will fall into these 3 types.
For Example, if a person searches for the benefits of green tea then he is browsing for information. If a person searches description and ingredients then the nature of his browsing commercials. Is he searching for a discount or the best price then it will be considered Transactional. The main point is people search for a product with different motives. you have to understand your goal first then decide your target keywords.
9- Fat Keyword
The “fat head” keywords are those popular well-known keywords that get the highest search volume. Generally, fat keyword search volumes are in the millions. Every sector of the industry has its own fat keywords. Content Strategy is incomplete without Fat keywords. So it's very important to find those fat keywords which suit you and define your objective.
Keyword research is one of the most important factors of Search engine optimization and Search engine marketing and depending on the Keywords you use, can make or break your whole campaign.
The choice of keywords directly affects your CPC (cost-per-click), CTR (click-through-rate), page ranking, and conversion rate. By using short-tail keywords can bring a lot of traffic but the competition and cost are high. In contrast, long-tail keywords do not bring in as much traffic as short-tail but the customers who search for those specific terms are more likely to have a high purchase intent.
Your goal then is to find a perfect balance between short-tail and long-tail keywords to maximize your ROI.